Thursday, February 25, 2016

One of the best SEO case studies I have ever come across

I do a lot of research when it comes to SEO. I love reading about techniques being tested by other SEO’s and their findings. I typically remain a little skeptical whenever I read these case studies though.

The search landscape has just too many variables to even name (see Brian Dean’s exhaustive list here), let alone to take into consideration when running a test. At best, a decent SEO will be able to rattle off dozens of different ranking factors widely considered to be in use by Google’s algorithms.

Up until now I had thought it would be near impossible to run a proper seo test excluding all variables, except for the one being tested.

The guys over Reboot Online proved me wrong. They recently did a study on the use of authority outbound links.

I have for quite some been a big believer in adding outgoing links to relevant resources on pages and posts that I was optimizing.  Other seo’s have been doing the same. We were all operating on the assumption that it had to be important somehow.

With this case study, Reboot Online has proven that these types of outgoing links definitely play a role in Google’s algorithm.

Special shout out to Matt Diggity from Diggity Marketing for putting me on to this case study. Matt runs a kick-ass SEO blog himself, and I make sure not to miss any of his posts.

The guys at Reboot Online did an excellent job with this case study, and I can’t wait for more studies like this one.

Keep up the great work, guys!

P.S. For local companies, these types of outgoing links might be the local business chamber, other companies not in your industry, local area blogs, etc. Hit me up here if this is something you might want to implement on your site.

The post One of the best SEO case studies I have ever come across appeared first on Katakuru.



from Katakuru http://katakuru.com/one-of-the-best-seo-case-studies-i-have-ever-come-across/

No comments :

Post a Comment

App.net Bitly Blogger Bufferapp Delicious Diigo Evernote Google Drive Instapaper Pocket Tumblr Wordpress Pryv Google Plus Page Weebly Pinterest Toodledo Nimbus Note